Recent News
  • April 25May 23 - Graduation & Last day of school
  • April 25May 1 - Senior College Shirt Group Picture
  • April 25May 9 - 12th Grade Awards Night
  • April 25May 8 - 11th Grade Awards Night
  • April 25May 7 - 10th Grade Awards Night
  • April 25May 6 - 9th Grade Awards Night
  • April 25May 3 - Powderpuff Football Game
  • April 25Apr. 27 - Junior and Senior Prom
  • April 24Apr. 25 - IB exams begin
  • March 29Mar 31. - Apr. 7: MCS closed for spring break
The #1 News Source of Marietta High School

The Pitchfork

The Pitchfork

The Pitchfork

Celebrity scoop: Inside on Will and Jada Smith

Tensions rise in a famously strong relationship.

Will Smith is a world-renowned celebrity. He is a film producer, rapper, and actor from America. Among his many honors are, four Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, and a BAFTA Award. He has been in many hit shows and movies throughout the years beginning his career, including the hit show in 1990 called “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and the 2019 live-action film, “Aladdin.” 

Jada Pinkett Smith is an American actress and talk show host. She has received a Daytime Emmy Award for her talk show, “Red Table Talk.” In this show, they address contemporary social and cultural concerns from a cross-generational standpoint. 

For more than 20 years, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have been partners. The pair first met in the early 1990s, came out as a couple in 1995, and married in Baltimore, Maryland, in Dec. of that same year. 

Will and Jada Smith welcomed their son Jaden Smith in July 1998 and their daughter Willow Smith in Oct. 2000 after getting married. With his ex-wife Sheree Zampino, Will also has a son called Trey Smith, who Jada has lovingly referred to as her “bonus son.”

Over the years, Will and Jada have solidified their status as a Hollywood power couple, but they have also been quite open about the highs and lows of their partnership. Jada provided further details about her marriage to Will in a new interview with PEOPLE Entertainment that was released in Oct. 2023. She said that the couple had been separated for six years prior to the Oscars in 2022, the event where Will memorably smacked Chris Rock on stage due to the joke he made about Jada having alopecia.

For starters, Will clarified in 2018 that they chose other terminology to characterize their relationship and avoided using the term “married.” 

“We refer to ourselves as life partners, where you get into that space where you realize you are literally with somebody for the rest of your life,” Smith said. “There’s no deal breakers. There’s nothing she could do — ever. Nothing would break our relationship.”

Before the reveal of their separation, Will and Jada suffered many other relationship struggles. When Jada Pinkett Smith went to the Red Table in 2020, she disclosed that she had dated R&B artist August Alsina when she was “temporarily” divorced from her husband. Though Will and Jada made a commitment to be transparent a few years ago, reflection reveals that many questions remained unaddressed. Pinkett Smith refers to this affair as an “Entanglement.” Later, August Alsinsa shared a song named, “Entanglements” sharing a perspective on his relationship with Pinkett Smith.

With all of this drama, in a clip from her new NBC News prime-time show with Hoda Kotb promoting her novel, “Worthy”, Jada acknowledges her breakup with Will. Will and she have “completely separate lives” and carry on with their lives like divorced people would.